Friday 2 May 2008

A Farewell to Booze

Patrick announced a few weeks ago that he thought we should both stay sober from now on. I thought it was just a crazy idea brought on by too much Xboxing but I found out how serious he was earlier this week when I came home a little tipsy and ended up getting myself punished for it. I'm also grounded, so if you're wondering why you haven't seen me 'out on the town' lately, then that's why!

I guess I can kind of understand it. Patrick explained why sobriety is a Very Good Thing, if not for medical or other reasons, then simply for spiritual ones. I tried pointing out this passage in the Bible to him:

"Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts."

His reponse was, "It's says 'him'. That means I could drink if I wanted to, but you still can't."

Darn it.

So anyway, I'd like to take this opportunity to say a fond farewell to booze ... we've had some good times!